The Texas Baptist Children’s Home, located on the corner of Highway 79 and North Mays, has provided a haven of hope for children and families in crisis since 1950.
To do this, TBCH hosts a variety of services from programs that place children in long-term care, to programs that that help single working mothers or families that are facing challenging life events.
No day is the same at Texas Baptist Children’s Home and the Children at Heart Ministry cannot run without volunteers. TBCH is always in need of volunteers to serve in a variety of ways whether you like to clean, bake, host activities or do manual labor.
Currently TBCH need volunteers to
- Help clean the cottages
- Create welcome baskets for Family Care Clients
- Bring dinner, dessert or snacks to a cottage, so the house parents can get a break from cooking
- Bake bread for the HOPE program
- Sort and organize donated clothes at the clothes closet
- Host a cottage off campus activity (i.e. going to the movies, out to eat, or bowling)
- Painting and yard work
If you don’t have the time right now to stop by and volunteer you can always donate items. Among the list of current items TBCH needs are twin comforters and sheets, bathroom sets, shampoo and conditioner, body wash, diapers, laundry supplies, toilet paper, toothpaste and paper products.
For more information visit http://www.childrenatheartministries.org/page.aspx?pid=1389 or contact Brenda Gilbert 512-246-4244 or Brenda.email@example.com.