From shelving books and teaching classes, to reading to children the Round Rock Public Library depends on volunteers to keep the library running smoothly.
The library has a variety of volunteer opportunities from helping in the children’s department to shelving or cataloguing books. If you’re interested in assisting with children’s programs (story time, arranging activities for the teen room), public services (carting and shelving books, checking-in), or technical services (processing news books, weeding out old materials) then the Round Rock Library is the perfect place for you to volunteer!
The library also has a wonderful Summer Teen Volunteer Program!! So, be sure and check it out!
To become a volunteer you will need to:
- Fill out a volunteer application
- Commit to volunteering at least 30 hours a year
- Attend an orientation session. (Sessions are on the second Monday of each month at 6 p.m. and on the third Saturday of each month at 10 a.m.)
- Sign a volunteer agreement and abide by the rules and ethics found in their volunteer handbook
- Adult volunteers – You will need to interview with the volunteer coordinator
- Teen volunteers – you will need to bring a letter of recommendation to orientation
For more information please contact the library’s volunteer coordinator at email@example.com or 512-218-3279.